Monday, April 14, 2008

Lost-at-home Barbie


For the uninitiated, many people stay at the White Swan Hotel during the end of their adoption trip in China. Mattel has a play room in the hotel and gives everyone a "Going Home Barbie" doll with a little dark haired baby in her arms. They are a *little* frightening. People who don't stay at the WS feel ripped off and are willing to pay $$$ to get one on ebay - for real.....
We have stayed at the "White Swine" (props to Aunt Suzie) twice. The first time, when adopting Lewis, Frances was with us (naturally). I let her have the Barbie, disregarding its potential to send her through med school.
I am on a purging spree this week, going through toys, clothes and what-have-yous. I found the coveted baby, deep in a toy box, albeit detached from her blond bombshell mother (not me, Silly! Barbie!). What do you think I could get for her?

4 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I will give you $5... hehehe... take care

Mamacita said...

About $18,500.00, not including airfair and meals.

Suz said...

The UNOPENED box of Barbie and baby is going for $355 on eBay stores - maybe I will be the one who sells mine in ten years or so to send Frances through medical school!
Aunt Suzie

Maia said...

Oh, man, I am SO selling ours on ebay if we get one. Not a Barbie family, ours.
Actually, I kinda like the baby by itself. What are you asking for it?