Monday, April 7, 2008

Glimpse of Spring

It's amazing what a weekend's worth of sunshine and warm-ish weather can do for a winter weary body and soul. We had a beautiful weekend and spent a lot of time outside, breathing in some fresh air and getting some exercise.
On Saturday, we went walking at a nearby swamp. Ana is starting to study frogs and we went to see if we could find any eggs.
I did find these swamp creatures:

And some green sprouts:

And these bubbles that I think are eggs. It's pitiful when the nature guide is me, who knows squat about nature.

We spent a lot of time outside on Sunday. The Lawyer and I raked and the kids "helped," and played on the playground. I am trying to convince the Lawyer that we need a whole new playground.
Elly enjoyed lounging:

Frances looking rather fab:

Analise had yet another makeover, by Frances and Frances' friend who spent the night:

Lewis performed some low-wire acts on the swings. It involved a lot of jumping.

Ana is my tortilla apprentice. I make homemade tortillas about once a week - they are SO good. Ana is the only one who loves to roll them with me and she's pretty good!

The finished product. We ate every last crumb with beans, guacamole, cheese, salsa & chicken for those who imbibe.

4 comments:

Mamacita said...

mmmmm, I like fresh tortillas with peanut butter and jelly.

Great pictures! Cute family, as always!

Cavatica said...

Looks like fun times!

Yoli said...

Lovely kids, great fun!

insanemommy said...

Delicious!