Saturday, April 26, 2008

Back to school

We had a terrific week off from school and were back to the routine this week. The weather was awesome and we got to play outside every day.
We have been on a lot of nature hikes, looking for frog evidence. We've seen everything BUT frogs! Like snapping turtles

and deer (as well as fish, ducks, geese & groundhogs)

I found these critters in Trixie's new cage. I released them in the wild.

It was already hot this morning when we went to the Public Market for veggies and entertainment. Some of us LOVED the empanadas. The Lawyer, Ana and Elly have the egg with meat and I go for the veggie. Lewis and Franny abstain.



Frances ate fried dough and was thrilled to find her favorite kettle corn. She brought her own market bag and stashed it.

Besides the beautiful produce, there were rows upon rows of boxes with "made in China," mostly plastic crap. I did find some little beaded purses, identical to the ones I bought for the girls when we were in China! I treat those purses like they're family heirlooms, only to find them in the dollar bin at the market! Oh well!

4 comments:

Suz said...

I like the caged beasts. Who is the giant one? I can't believe you let them loose on society!

Barbara said...

That's Frances' B-I-G (relatively speaking) friend, Zoe. They are 6 months apart in age but Zoe is double her size.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Looks like everyone had a great time... take care

Yoli said...

LOVE the pictures, the turtles and those wild captive children are just the cutest!!!!!