Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm not wearing THAT

Tomorrow is Colonial America Day in Frances' classroom. She is pretty much mortified that she and her classmates are strongly encouraged to dress up........something like this:

This is how she will dress:

I had a little rant about asking non-white children to dress up like Colonial times. Should Frances' AfAm friend dress up like a slave? Me thinks that there were no Chinese women hanging out in the colonies. A parent emailed everyone suggesting all the girls wear SHOWERCAPS as bonnets!! Frances in a showercap? At school? I don't think so!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she should go as a chinese empress - from the same era as our colonial times. I am sure you could whip up an outfit in an hour or two!

insanemommy said...

I hated that era!! AND no I wouldn't dress up in that dreadful outfit either..

Operationtigerlily said...

She DID NOT suggest you send your child in a shower cap!!?!?! To me that is not Colonial times but White trach trailer times. She must be confused. Glad Frances rocked the jeans.