Friday, February 22, 2008

Can't call me a vegetarian anymore



For 26 years I have been a vegetarian. I also love when I can get organic eggs and dairy products. When our beloved Wegman's grocery store came out with a super-dooper-organic yogurt, I was excited. Bought a few. After eating a cup of strawberry this morning, I noticed the allergy alert on the bottom - contains fish..... huh? Then I looked at the ingredients:
Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Organic Nonfat Milk, Organic Sugar, Organic Corn Starch, Organic Cream, Inulin (Dietary Fiber), Organic Vanilla Flavor, Pectin, Organic Locust Bean Gum, Fish Oil (Anchovy, Sardine), Kosher Gelatin (Beef, Tilapia), Vitamin D3. Contains a Blend of Live and Active Cultures Including: L. Acidophilus, L. Bifidus, L. Casei, Probiotic Bifidobacterium Lactis
GROSS! My precious body has been defiled!

4 comments:

Maia said...

Well, you really couldn't have seen that coming!
Tilapia?

Mamacita said...

OK, who puts fish in yogurt! I'm not a vegetarian and I find that totally disgusting! Sorry you've been defiled. ick.

"M2" said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
gelatin is bone marrow isn't it.
you have been defiled, I'd return it and get $ back on principle.
that is so nasty.......
a lot of veggie prepacked stuff has animal in it.

Tasha Kent said...

happily defiled!

I take fish oil pills by the handful because it makes me happy. really. It's like nature's own prozac.