Monday, February 11, 2008

Big *BAD* Bumper Bowlers

Just about every Sunday afternoon, you can find us at the bowl-a-roll, playing a couple of games. We even bought our own bowling shoes last month! It is such a fun thing to do in this horrible-freezing-windy weather. We drag others into our cult and have a regular ole party. We ONLY play bumper bowling, so there is never a gutter ball!
They are their mother's children! Sometimes the kids bring a book to read when we take a break between our games.


Ana and Lewis like to take their turns together. 1....2....3....THROW!

I work in our city school district and my kids go to a suburban school. For the 1st time in the 15 years I've been in my district, the city had school today and ALL the surrounding suburbs were closed because the wind chill was 25 BELOW ZERO! We have a new superintendent who said that if parents wanted to keep their kids home, that was their choice! Hmmm, wouldn't that be an illegal absence???
We aren't going anywhere today. The kids are playing nicely, having fun with the puppies and doing their valentines. Frances was giving free makeovers this morning. Don't you wish you had stopped by?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come and read while you bowl, too! You guys are BIG NERDS! (What's my point?) I'm very glad I missed makeup day. I hope the puppy in the background wasn't the next victim!

Vanessa said...

I LOVE the makeup picture!! My girls are 18 months and 27 months and I can't wait to the days of make-up come along!! I do polish their nails already~~infact we did blue mood polish tonight!!
HUGS
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

"M2" said...

the make up.........how fun! brings back memories.
and the blue eyeshadow.....how pretty