Monday, January 7, 2008

A very special Sunday afternoon

Because I fancy myself an adventurous soul, I agreed to make this year's Monster Truck Thunder Nationals a family affair. Every year Lewis and Lisa go and enjoy the splendor and white trashiness of this cultural event. I H-A-T-E-D IT! Loud and stinky..... and those were just my fellow spectators.
Low-lights included:
Monster Trucks crushing cars!

More Monster Trucks crushing cars!

Some sort of competition - don't know how a "winner" was determined but the driver was a hotty young woman.

Monster Truck donut competition!

I brought along a book on the pretense that there would be some "down time" and I might be bored. I think I really just wanted to mark a clear differentiation between "me" and "them." "See! I read! I'm not a motorhead!"......even though it was a kid's book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you were a motorhead in your dreams. What's next - tractor pulls?
Marie

Anonymous said...

And what the heck is a dowager?
Marie