Saturday, January 19, 2008

Loose teeth, Target glasses and Props to the Lawyer

Last week I offered the kids' dentist her pick of my children to pay off the enormous bills we get from her. I took all four for cleanings and I came out with 5 appointments for 3 extractions, 2 spacers, 1 crown, 3 fillings and the next phase of braces for Frances. Ana and Lewis are responsible for all the rotten teeth in the family. The dentist just cracked up when I offered up a child but did think it would add a little spice to her family.

Ana pulled out one of her front teeth that was slated to get yanked. It just wasn't coming out and the dentist was getting concerned. Since this will save me considerable money, the tooth fairy might just be giving Ana a bonus tonight. I told Ana if she can get the other front tooth (very loose) out by January 30th, I'd be one happy gal.


Lewis has taken to wearing my reading glasses, for some odd reason. I asked if he could see better with them on and he said "No, I just like looking like you!" I buy a few pairs every time they show up in the dollar bin at Target!

And a shout out to the Lawyer - Happy Birthday Girlfriend! I'm making coq au vin, couscous with cauliflower, salad & tiramisu for dinner!

3 comments:

insanemommy said...

I cracked up when I read your comment on my post!! Too funny.

crazylady said...

KACHING... I need to start having 'relations' with an orthodontist. Hubby shouldn't mind, if it's for the greater good right? LOL..
Despite the tooth thing, Ana is strikingly beautiful.

Operationtigerlily said...

I'll join you in dentist hell. We have already had oodles of cleanings, dental work and 3 sets of braces between two kids. Something tells me we are no where near done.

Dinner sounds divine!