Saturday, January 19, 2008

Grand Master Flash

I think that many of you China-Mama-Readers have young children. You haven't yet experienced the joy [hack, spew] of tweendom. Frances is 9 AND A HALF. Although physical puberty is still in the not so near future, she is at a "special" age.
I recently found a West Coast Chopper skull cap.......ok, it was on the floor at the Monster Truck Jam........ok, maybe that strikes you as a *tad* disgusting but I washed it. I couldn't pass it by. There was no lost and found, thank goodness.
So this morning I put on my new lid and told Frances I was going to wear it when I dropped her off at a birthday party she was going to. She screeched and chased me around the house, trying to yank it off my head. Her party was at a roller skating place and I told her I was also going to stay, rent skates on my own and skate while she was at her party. The mortified look on her face was awesome.
As we were going to the party (I took off my hat) she said "Mama, could you PLEASE not stay and skate. Just drop me off." There was a huge sigh of relief when I told her I was only kidding about staying.

Do I look cool OR WHAT?

6 comments:

insanemommy said...

Totally! Love the "skull" cap.

Anonymous said...

I could come and wear my viking helmet with horns! I'm so excited they are getting old enough to embarrass!!

crazylady said...

You rock sistah.... and I'm crushing on your evil side... all the way to your crossbones.
Thanks for the reminder of why I'm stopping at 2 kids!!! LOL..... Quit while you're ahead as they say, with my delusions of being a good parent with it! Thanks for the great comment...
BTW, I'm wearing one of those big foam fingers you wear to football games when I drop the girls off to school, the MOMENT they start giving me sass, like in 1 year or so! Just today (still 2) told me to, and I quote, "Get OUT of MY room Mom!"....
Oh yeah.

"M2" said...

the gangstah look suits you

Anonymous said...

Aunt suzie that is something you would say haha. Nice cap aunt babs.

Barbara said...

Tim - Now you know who you inherited your cool from.