Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ya call this a blizzard??

I ran around like a ninny yesterday, getting ready for the big ole blizzard that was due to whack us. We got several inches of snow but it was no blizzard. I was expecting a snow day tomorrow. Now I have to ready myself for a workday. Wahhhhh.
In the afternoon, Analise got everyone to go outside to play.
Lewis immediately plunked himself in a pile of snow and made an angel.

Analise quickly followed suit.

Georgia was so excited to go out front with no leash and just run wild. She LOVES the snow and just wanted to play with the kids.

The snow was too fluffy to make a snowman so they hunted for chunks left behind by the sidewalk plow.

This is the first year that I haven't cut the grasses back in Autumn. They look so pretty when they go to seed and are snowy.

After our outing, which included all the children enthusiastically shoveling....really.....we rolled out some gingerbread dough and made cookies. When they were ready, I was in charge of slapping a little frosting on and the kids decorated them, nice and gaudy!

They were some serious workers, except for Lewis of course, who is sticking a knife in the frosting to lick it off.

It's 12:20 am, I have to get up in 6 hours and go to work!

No comments: