Thursday, December 27, 2007

Goodbye Sweet Georgie Girl

Georgie 10 days ago!



We are all stunned. Our dog Georgie died early this morning. She was fine yesterday, running around the neighborhood, badgering other dogs. She ate her dinner & went outside - no problems. At around 9:00pm, I smelled poop - found a pile next to Georgie. I tried to get her to go out and she just lay there, looking at me. She stood up and fell down. I sat on the floor with her and she seemed fine. I thought maybe she had a stomach funk. I put her on a blanket in the kitchen. A few hours later, when I came to check on her, she was dead.
Georgie was a great girl. 9 years ago, I used to drive past a house every day, on my way home from working at a school in the inner city. For weeks I saw a puppy chained to the porch; sometimes I wouldn't see her for days. One day I knocked on the door and asked the person who answered if I could buy her dog. She said "sure, for $80." I offered $40 and she was mine! Georgie had obviously been neglected and abused but she turned into the biggest love dog! She loved the kids and was loved by them.
Thanks for being our friend, Georgie. We'll always love you.


5 comments:

crazylady said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Georgie porgie.
She was/is a beautiful dog, and it says so much about you in how she came to be yours.
May she find a big bone in heaven to keep her happy

hugs
sen

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Georgie - what a sweetie. Hope the kids are ok
Marie

RamblingMother said...

So sorry to hear your pup. I wonder if the early years/months of neglect took her away to early. She was a pretty dog.

Beverly

"M2" said...

oh no.....
I'm so sorry.
are you ok?

Barbara said...

I'm ok, sad and missing her, but ok. Our other dog, Cody, is lost without her buddy. She doesn't bark or play at all anymore.