Monday, December 24, 2007

The Eve

As is tradition, we spent Christmas Eve at my sister Anne's house. For the first time EVER we watched videos of past Christmases - I saw my mother for the first time in more than 10 years! Amazing to hear her voice again.
Can you see Analise's front tooth sticking out? It is so loose! Her permanent tooth is coming in but Ana will not pull her baby tooth.

Lewis has 4 teen aged boy cousins although he can't tell one from the other. He discovered Sam today and pretty much stuck to him like glue. On the way home, in the car, Lewis was eating a leftover spanakopita (spinach and feta wrapped in a phyllo triangle). It was the first time he ever tried one. After the first bite he said "YUM, Mama I love this thing. How come you've been keeping them from me?" Strange, par usual.

Elly and her beloved Aunt Suzie. On the way home Elly was chatting up a storm. She said, "Mama, your sister ROCKS!" Silly me to ask which one. SUZIE ROCKS!

Santa left a hopscotch rug for the kids! Gotta do something to get us through these long winters when it's too nasty out to play!

Did you ever hear that famous poem "....and the stockings were placed on the Cheetah girl couch with care, in the hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there....."

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

4 comments:

RamblingMother said...

Looks like everyone had fun.

Beverly

"M2" said...

all Christmas stockings are to be placed on Cheetah print
no??

crazylady said...

we are both 'hearing things'.
Voices from beyond were heard here on a new tape I found with Mumma.

Isn't it the best gift? The voice was not like I remembered. What about you?

Barbara said...

Sen - I was so overwhelmed to hear her again. I was doing this teary, laughing thing.....hysteria I think it's called. Her voice did surprise me; like you, not how I remembered.
B