Sunday, December 2, 2007

The other side of the tracks

I *think* you could guess your day away before you were correct if you had to imagine where I went today. Lewis saw a motocross commercial on tv and really wanted to go. We decided that everyone should go since Lewis is dragged to girlie events all the time. It was quite the study in the human condition. LOTS of the riders were kids - there was a category of FOUR TO SIX YEAR OLDS. LOTS were girls. We had 2 riders sitting behind us between qualifying races - sisters about 8 & 10. From Ontario Canada! (for my "Northern" friends) What's up with putting your kid on a dirtbike when s/he is FOUR??! When the little kids were racing, Lewis asked me "Do you have to be able to ride a 2 wheeler to drive one of them?" No training wheels allowed Lew!

Wipe-out! The crowd went wild. I cringed.

The reason for the treason! (did I mention I blew $84?)

After about 15 minutes, Elly asked "Can we go yet?"

I think Frances was practicing her "doe in the headlights" look just in case she saw anyone she knew. She liked it a **little** bit.

After TWO AND A HALF HOURS, I insisted we leave. The noise and fumes were gagging me. Just another weekend in Western NY

2 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I love meeting new adoptive families. You have beautiful children. I went to one of those events once with my boys and I noticed that no one was in the front rows. I thought how lucky we were and we sat right in front. Then the mud and the smoke came at us and I knew why everyone was up top. Too funny. : )
Happy Holidays!

"M2" said...

That's pretty funny.
we went to a car race a while back...sat in chicken bone alley.....the bad seats where the dirt flies in your teeth.
Thank god for beer.