Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween!

Our Halloween festivities began on Saturday with our 4th annual "ZooBoo" at our local zoo. The kids went on a treasure hunt, got candy, visited the animals and ran crazy with the throngs of other people who came out!

Lewis was THRILLED to get a Power Ranger costume - he only got it because I found it for $9.99 at Kohls that morning!

Ana just finished a butterfly unit at school so she was a monarch butterfly. Elly picked a devil outfit - both were reused from previous years. I was happy about that! Frances doesn't like anything about Halloween besides the candy. Masks freak her out and she is frightened easily so she put together her own costume and said she was a "hippie diva."

Every year at my school we dress up as our favorite book characters. This year I was Captain Underpants. The kids LOVED it!

As soon as it got dark we were ready to go trick-or-treating. The weather was perfect - 65 degrees, which is warm for us. This neighbor greeted us with his own mask! The kids had a riot and scored a lot of candy.

Notice Ana on the top of the couch - she is ready to pass out.

At about 8:30, after we turned off the porch light and were getting ready for bed, the doorbell rang. I found my friend and co-worker Robyn on the porch! She stopped by to say hi on her way to a party. Is her outfit too much?! Robyn is the phys ed teacher at my school and my kids LOVE her.

I called to Lew for him to come out and see Robyn. He wasn't answering me so I went to see what he was up to - he was crashed on the chair in the family room!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures of the kids.

Yoli said...

Love the pictures of the children in their cute costumes. However, you stole the show with your Captain underpants.

Suz said...

I agree. Captain Underpants was truly inspired. I thought Elizabeth looked more like a pink Elvis than a devil.

"M2" said...

Captain UPants is BRILLIANT!