Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Saturday with Aunt Suzie



We drove down to Edinboro PA for a visit with Aunt Suzie last weekend. A definite highlight was going to the Sponge Bob corn maze. We had to locate 15 stations within the maze. Each station had a piece to a map of the maze. BIG FUN and chilly! We finished in 1h 15m.

The maze is on a buffalo farm. Before we left we went to see the critters.
Elizabeth: "What's that baby animal,Mom?"
Me: "I think it's a baby buffalo."
Suzanne: "It's a GOAT!"
Me: "No, it's not, it's a baby buffalo!"
Frances: "Mama, Aunt Suzie's right, it's a goat."
Me: "Really?.............Oh, yeah, I guess you're right."
Suzanne: "You are a pitiful city girl."

7 comments:

Suz said...

I like it when you recant conversations. However, I seem to remember that you insisted for ALOT longer that the poor old goat was a baby buffalo! Aren't mothers and librarians supposed to know EVERYTHING?

Suz said...

PS: That should have been . . RECALL conversations!

Barbara said...

That's what is known as poetic license but not in the James Frye sort of way. It really happened people, I SWEAR. I think the cold was numbing my brain cells......I wasn't wearing my glasses......I was distracted by rowdy children.......

Anonymous said...

Not sure I would even know that the big guy was a buffalo! You guys do such fun things!
Marie

"M2" said...

not kidding....I had my friends kids with me and we drove into the field with the buffalo
I was in a camry.... and one had babies and was not happy I was in there
we got chased.
I think the camry went airborne.

also, got in trouble with a pissed off ostrich

and in your defense... that looks quite wooly for a goat

Steffie B. said...

Cracking up.....even I knew it wasn't a baby buffalo! lol Looks like fun though! As far as Sophia's room.....it will stay clean because she really doesn't "play" up there very much yet. Now Thing Teen's room......oh let's talk about spitting out your coffee! lol

Yoli said...

Pitiful city girl!!! LMAO!!!