Monday, October 22, 2007

Autumnal Antics

We are still enjoying summer weather here in Western NY! Yesterday we went apple and pumpkin picking. I was comfy in my shorts and tshirt. We got a load of apples, all the varieties are co-mingled so we don't know what we're eating. Everyone got to pick out their own pumpkin to supplement the bumper crop from our garden (6 plants, 1 pumpkin).
Here is the Team, ready to attack the unsuspecting trees.

I love Lewie's teeth! He has the biggest smile and heartiest laugh.

Ana is such a brave kid - very little scares or intimidates her. She LOVES bugs. Here she found a little worm and was talking to it, like it was a cute little baby.

Frances found her pumpkin and stayed put until the rest of us were done walking through the field. She was afraid someone would snatch it if she didn't stand guard.

The ever nutty Elly posing with her pick. She had to bring a pumpkin, gourd, and 2 apples to school today for some project - isn't that a little over the top?


Just an aside - I was sitting her typing away while bleaching my 'stash. I lost track of the time and kept it on for 5 extra minutes. Now instead of dark hair, I have a nice red mark above my lip! For you girls under age 40 - sorry to break it to you, but your body does some s-t-r-a-n-g-e things in the 40s

6 comments:

Yoli said...

Girl, you need to wax that! Love the pictures of the children having a blast with the pumpkins!

"M2" said...

I am under 40
and it's already doing and growing strange things

Suz said...

Wait till you're over 50!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who SHAVES so count your blessings! Elizabeth looks a little nutty in that last picture!
Marie

Steffie B. said...

Love the pictures....what fun! Show us a picture of the red thing! lol

Cathy said...

Your kids are so beautiful. What a great family.