Monday, October 29, 2007

Mornings with Lew

Frances, Lewis and I are the first ones out of the house in the morning. Frances goes to school early every day for orchestra, chamber music and chorus. Since I don't want her to ride the early bus with middle schoolers, I drop her off and then take Lew to daycare. Lewis always seems to be in rare form early in the morning with strange songs, stories, and commentary. Frances usually indulges him, eggs him on, and laughs at his stories.
Lew - "Did Santa give presents to dinosaurs when they were alive?"
Frances - "Lew, there were no people when dinosaurs were alive."
Lew - "Well how did they get their toys?"
Frances - "Dinosaurs didn't play with toys - They were ANIMALS!"
Lew - "I think they played with girl baby dolls and the power rangers and transformers killed the dinosaurs and that's why they are not alive anymore."
Frances - "Lewis, that makes no sense at all. No one was alive to make those toys and toys did NOT kill the dinosaurs."
Lewis - "Frances (pronounced Fa-wances by Lew) you do not know everything."
Me - "Lewie, you are one strange boy."
A new theory of what killed off the dinosaurs was hatched in my very own minivan this morning by my very own son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see that Transformer movie? I think Lew might be right!
Marie

Suz said...

It makes sense to me.