Monday, October 13, 2008

My very special boy


On Saturday night I decided to take the kids out for dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant (the Lawyer is on Long Island, frolicking with her peeps). As I was getting my wallet, the kids ran out to the car. The place isn't too far away - about a 15 minute drive. We pulled into a prime parking spot and I opened the door for the kids. Lewis got to the door and says "Uh-oh, I forgot to wear shoes." HUH???? How does a person FORGET TO WEAR SHOES??? In October??! I stood speechless for a moment and then just surrendered to the fact that my boy is a space cadet. We went home, got some shoes and continued with our dinner plans.
The above photo is from years ago but one of my absolute favorites of Lewis - he used to wear goggles EVERYWHERE, on and off for a couple of years. He also loved the leopard hand-warmer-thingy that one of his aunts made for the girls.
Gotta love the boy.

4 comments:

Mamacita said...

You are an awesome mom! A lot of people would have been ticked off!

Anonymous said...

Hip to be square. He is so cute in that get-up. He looks prepared for anything.

crazylady said...

any mom who calls their kid a space cadet is top of my maverick list.

Cavatica said...

At least he recognized that shoes were necessary for dining out. He seems quite socially appropriate to me! -- Oh, and stylish, too.