Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

People often ask me how I get myself and 4 children out of the house every morning. Many would laugh if they saw us on this, the first day of school. Everyone was up, bright and early, and ready ONE HOUR before the bus came!! We'll see how long that lasts! BUT, I must say, we are an efficient machine in the morning. Every night we pick out clothes and get backpacks ready. The kids only need to get up at least an hour before their bus comes, eat, wash up & brush their teeth, and get dressed. The earliest bus comes at 8:00 and the tv is off by 7:00. It works!

Frances was a wreck last night - very anxious about what her teacher would be like and what kids would be in her class. She came home to say she had an awesome day.


Ana got off the bus this afternoon looking like she was about to cry. She was exhausted. She went directly to her room, took her clothes off, went to the kitchen (nake*d)for a snack and felt much better!


Lewis did not want to go to "stupid school." He got off the bus and told me that "Mr L said I had a good day and he is a nice guy." Whew. Elly was thrilled that she now goes to art class. She LOVES to draw.


The beautiful girls.


A rare sighting of physical contact between Frances and Elly - they are like water and oil. Frances has found something that she likes about Elly - dressing her up and applying bling, in the form of makeup and jewelry. Here she is adjusting her necklace.

Some of the neighbors came over to join the excitement.

Let's hope we survive the 1st week!

5 comments:

Mamacita said...

Great pictures! I got a video of Sugarlips this morning saying "I do NOT want to go to Kindergarten. I'll be uncomfortable." She had a blast! She can't wait until tomorrow to go back. She was in bed and asleep by 7:15. Halleluia!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Sounds like it wasn't so bad after all...

Snowflowers Mum said...

nice! I cant believe how grown up all your kids look!

good to know school went well!

I asked P what she did in pre-school and she replied "nothing"...I thought that was supposed to start in jr high???

Cavatica said...

Great pics. Your kids look awesome!

Maia said...

The back-to-school pictures get me all choked up. If I could, I think I would be one of those eternal students forever getting new and useless graduate degrees. How I do love academia!