Saturday, September 27, 2008

Grasshopper snatches the marble

Last night, while I was at a retirement party, listening to person after person screaming out "PRAISE JESUS!" in their testimonies to my former principal, the Lawyer took the children to their karate "graduation." They have been karate kids since July and it was time to get their yellow belts.
While I bellied up to the CASH bar to order a cocktail, only to be told "ummmm, no liquor, just crappy boxed wine or soda," the kids showed their best kicks, chops, punches and KI-YAs (that's their yell).
While I feasted on lettuce, steamed veggies & a dinner roll, the old belts were shed and the new belts were knotted.
Here they are with 2 of their pals and the pile of old belts!

6 comments:

Juliette said...

Congratulations to everybody! They all look great!
Sorry for the sad party you had to attend instead.

Suz said...

I wonder how it feels to retire when the economy is crashing down around our ears.
Love the new belts and how far they stick out on each side!

Mamacita said...

Wow. Seriously impressive. I so wish Sugarlips would stick with Karate. I LOVE Karate! Congratulations and Ki-Ya!

Maia said...

They look so proud. Good for you kick-@$$ kiddos!

Cavatica said...

Looking great in yellow!

"M2" said...

that's wonderful
Congrat's kiddo's on the yellow belts!