Saturday, July 5, 2008

Strange 4th of July

We had a strange roster of events yesterday. The big girls went to violin camp last week....yes, you read it right, violin camp. The teachers are such big music freaks that they think nothing of having a l*o*n*g day on Friday, with lots of culminating activities. We had 2 concerts, at 12:00 and 6:00 - who else listened to chamber ensembles in a packed room on the 4th????


Since *I* needed something fun for the 4th, we went mini golfing in the afternoon. We picked up the ever-adventurous Robyn and headed out. Ana only goes to morning violin so she was with us. This was Ana and Elly's first time golfing and they loved it.

This place also had go-carts - the girls thought they had died and gone to heaven. Robyn and I work together - she's the phys ed teacher at my school. I like to remind her that I'm old enough to be her unwed, teenage mother. She has a *little* bit of a competitive streak and challenged me to a go-cart race. I reminded her that I was driving when she was still in diapers. It was Robyn & Ana vs. Me & Elly...... Robyn & Ana passed us 3 times.

I got Robyn back though. By the time we were done we had just enough time to get over to violin camp so Robyn had to come with us and listen to 45 minutes of chamber music. She loved it OF COURSE, being that it was the sweet Frances playing.
Oh the fun didn't end there my friends. We went back to Robyn's house for dinner and Wii - that thing is so fun.
There you have it....no lemonade, no fireworks, but a whole lot of fun.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Analise looks so serene playing the violin - Frances looks intense. Hmmmm. I spent my 4th planting day lilies and looking at slides of life on Baffin Island (above the Arctic Circle in Canada). Oh, I DID have a hamburger for lunch!