Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cool Idea from the Hot Dog

We are having a heat wave and yesterday I put the sprinkler on for Ana and Elly. I usually put it in the front yard but decided to put it in the back so the dogs could hang out with us. The girls started running through it, squealing and having a great time. Trixie, our Poodle/Springer Spaniel went up to the water and I was ready for a laugh, thinking she was going to get sprayed and run off. Nope, she LOVED it! She stuck her head right in the water and got soaked. She kept prancing around the circle of water, it looked like she was dancing!
The hot dog, making her maiden voyage into the water

Right after spraying me with a good shake of water, she posed for a photo to commemorate the occasion.

Daisy had no love of the water - she stayed away after giving the water a little lick.

Ana had just as much fun jumping on the hose to make the water "jump!"

Elly tried to fill the dogs' outside water bowl by standing with it under a trickle of water. She yelled in frustration, after standing there for about 2 minutes, "I can't do this anymore! It's too slow!" Me: "Ummm, Honey? Just put it down." Elly, all smiles "Ohhhh, right! Thank you Mama!"

I'm off to pick up Frances from violin camp and take the 3 youngest to their first karate class! Now that should be fun to watch!

3 comments:

Mamacita said...

Does the cuteness ever stop at your house?

Operationtigerlily said...

Your house looks like WAY too much fun. I bet the children are enjoying the heck out of their summer (and you too). I'd give anything to be running through those sprinklers right now.

Suz said...

I bet Trixie would like swimming in the lake even better!