Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Adventure of a Lifetime

Well, well, well, what to say about the BIG TRIP..... It was hot. It was a lot of walking for 4 little punks. It was REALLY hot.
BUT, like women who do not recall the pain of childbirth and go on to give birth again, I can now say that it was an interesting trip.... but HOT, really hot.
Our flight down was great - 2 hours and 20 minutes. We easily got our rental car (ok, big ass van) and found our hotel with minimal hysteria. Our hotel/condo was unbelievable. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen and a pool that I had to drag the kids out of each evening. Floridays Resort, about 20 minutes from Disney.
Here are the highlights of the whirlwind tour.
The troop started out giddy and full of energy.

Still smiling on the magic carpet ride

Ana on the carousel

I think they had the most fun of the day when we got back to the hotel and I took them down to the pool. At least 1/2 of the pool was 3 feet or less so they could play without choking me by gripping onto my neck.

On Day 2 we went to Animal Kingdom. All was well for a good 5 minutes until Ana tripped over Elizabeth, fell and cut her knee. We had to get a stroller for her which turned out to be a good thing because all the kids got a chance to ride with her when they got tired.

One of my favorite animals was the komodo dragon. It's crazy! It eats it own babies, a fact Elizabeth could just not comprehend. It also kills by biting its prey, leaving nasty bacteria in the wound. It follows the animal's scent for 2 days as it dies from infection! Isn't it funky looking?

Frances jammed on the outdoor drums

By the time we stopped to eat lunch, my babies were done. They only had energy left for shopping!


Tune in tomorrow for the gripping conclusion of The Griswolds go to Disney!

3 comments:

Suz said...

Oh, that Lewis looks pitiful! But, you are right about that childbirth thing - I am READY TO GO AGAIN! When it's not so hot, please! And maybe renting two sets of strollers, or one set and one of those little go cart things for me!
Aunt Suzie

Juliette said...

I bet the kids were excited. That pool looked great and the animals place looks amazing.
Maƫlle starts to ask us to go see the princesses...but to be honest I am not in a hurry.

Maia said...

You ARE brave to do Disney - I only got my parents to do it once in my lifetime, and they were NOT happy about it. In the end, even I had to agree that the anticipation was better than the reality. But that pool looks wonderful! And the carousel...I do love a good carousel.