Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Educational Fieldtrip


Next week the Lawyer, Aunt Suzie,the kids and I are going on a very special educational fieldtrip. We'll figure out how many miles it is between Rochester & Orlando, observe the effects of high humidity on Mama's hair, wear pedometers to count our steps & hopefully not watch the mating rituals of alligators at Gatorland. Yes my friends,the Griswolds are going to Disney. The Lawyer graciously volunteered to stay home and "watch the dogs" but I would hear none of that. I assured her that our hotel has bars with enough alcohol to soothe her anxiety.
The kids are OUT OF THEIR MINDS with excitement. We are busy reading maps & planning our strategies. I haven't been there in 30 years and Aunt Suzie has never been there. The excitement is out of control.

6 comments:

Mamacita said...

Oh wonderful, wonderful! I hope you have a great time and 'learn' a lot!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You have to love Disney World...just save up the pennies... have a ton of fun... I am overdue for an Epcot visit myself... take care

Suz said...

Aunt Suzie hopes no one will forget their field books, for taking notes on all the strange creatures we meet, artifacts we find, and local customs we observe.

Maia said...

I wish someone would take ME on that kind of educational field trip!! Actually, I think the Disney that exists in my mind is probably superior to the Disney I would encounter in reality. Especially considering that I hate crowds.

Michele said...

Have fun. I didn't realize that you are within driving distance. Maybe one day we can meet up for lunch.

Julie said...

Have an amazing time!!