Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday night shopping

Late Sunday afternoon, I remembered that Lewis needed new sneakers so we went off to Tar*get. The Lawyer refused to join the merriment. Something about 4 kids in a store on a last minute shopping trip makes her queasy. Party pooper.
I am a sucker for my kids when we're shopping. So of course, everyone HAD TO HAVE new shoes.
Once I agreed to buy Lewis these:

He relented and let me buy him these:

Elly, who needed NO shoes got these:

Which mysteriously didn't fit her this morning (too big). She must have been holding them onto her feet just right so they looked like they fit. When I wouldn't let her wear them to school this morning, she fell onto the floor and wept because "I hate all of my OLD shoes." Me: "Why don't you wear the ones I gave you for your birthday? (less than 2 months ago) Eliz: "NO THEY ARE SO OLD!"
Ana got the oh-so-cool H*annah M*ontana skimmers:

I had to order a pair of skimmers for Frances because they didn't have her size.
After Tar*get, we went to Toys*r*us. Aunt Suzie - do not make a single comment about how much crap we have in our garage, OK? I got the kids this, just because I'm the most awesome mom on the planet:

3 comments:

Suz said...

PACK RAT! PACK RAT! PACK RAT! You need a backhoe to shovel out all the stuff in your house! At least, SELL some of it, GIVE it away . . . think of all the poor children in Palmyra or Irondequoit who would LOVE some of those things that are just sitting around, and think of how much extra ROOM you would have, and how downright GREAT you would feel buying more stuff - or at least less guilty, because you KNEW Aunt Suzie was never going to keep her mouth shut over this one! And don't get me started on the shoes!
Love,
Aunt Suzie

Yoli said...

You are the most awesome Mom on the planet! Those are adorable!

I was in IM June of 2006 and yes I got to see one.

I see aunt Suzie is outing you as a pack rat!!! LOL.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh my... you really have been outed... hehehehe