Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ana's violin recital

May is a crazy time of the year. My sister Anne and I were talking yesterday and she said the month of May feels like December with all its craziness. For some reason, schools hold culminating activities in May which makes kids feel like school is over. No wonder they act crazy for the rest of the school year, which is the last week of June for us!
Today Analise had her violin recital. She played "Go tell Aunt Rhody" perfectly, after practicing it literally 100 times!
Ana played with her teacher Sherry. Sherry understands Ana's learning style so well, it's scary. I talked to her once about Ana's auditory processing problems and she just "gets it."

Every time she performs, she has a totally serious frown on her face. Then when she's done, she looks right at me and gives her dimple-y smile!

3 comments:

Suz said...

High heeled shoes??? I hope Analise will play her song for me when I come to visit next week!

Barbara said...

And if you click on the 1st picture, you can see that the high heels are too big for her! You KNOW who she got them from!
I asked Ana if she would play her piece for you and she said "YES." I think Frances will play her June recital piece for you too. She usually doesn't play for people but Aunt Suzie is a different story.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I wish I could play an instrument... what a gorgeous little girl... take care