Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hippity Hoppity

Whew, as you know, the fun never stops in this household and what a weekend we had. Nothin says Easter like a freezing cold day that tops out at 32 degrees. The Lawyer's peeps came for dinner on Sunday. Speaking of peeps, let me digress and say I tried my first peep last night- took a tiny bite and was GROSSED OUT! Acccck, I can't believe people eat those things. Anyhoo, much of the weekend was spent getting ready for our soiree........as in cleaning and cooking. But into any workday, a little diversion must fall:
We colored eggs on Sat evening. Notice the red shirts that the kids made for Chinese New Year have quickly turned into the "go put on a shirt that you don't mind if it gets ruined" shirts. Frances looks like she's trying to squeeze something out while Lewis is uncharacteristically concentrating on something that doesn't have wheels.

Elly has been sick since Thursday night but she managed to drag herself to the table. Ana is her usual cute self.

You just have to look at that concentration again. It's so.........unusual

Yeah, sometimes we dress our eggs up and take pictures of them. So what?

This is the only picture I got of the hunting of the baskets. The rest were total blurs as the kids whirled through the house.

One of the big blurs

Whole lot of cuteness in my life! The kids are wearing clothes I put in their baskets. It didn't last long since it was FREEZING.

I have to go back to school tomorrow. We need an Easter Monday like the Canadians.

5 comments:

Maia said...

I like the dressed-up eggs. My favorite is the duck. I've got duck issues.
I like your indoor easter hunt too. Growing up in Woodstock, they used to create these elaborate treasure hunts for us that went from indoors to outdoors and back in again, complete with "clues" written like riddles. It was awesome. Cant wait til we have a kid so we can do that again!

Suz said...

I like the dressed up eggs too, and OF COURSE you have to photograph them! I love bonnie'n'clyde's elaborate treasure hunts - they sound like fun, and really could be done any time, not just at Easter . . .

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Looks like everyone had a ton of fun... everyone looks so happy... take care...

"M2" said...

what a creative group of eggs you have there.

Is that Canadian..Easter Monday???
because being Canadian and living here the majority of my life
I sometimes get confused.

I actually said to my boss... What do you mean we don't get Easter Monday off???

Now I understand why she looked at me a little wierd.

I get confused.....I think Thanksgiving is in October still
every year for the past 20 :)

Diane said...

The eggs are totally cool! Love seeing the pics of the kids. You have quite a brood there!