Monday, March 3, 2008

Good Reads

Every time I write about the books I've been reading, people gasp and ask me how I can read so much. Well, while a lot of people watch tv at night, I read. I watch "Lost" regularly and HGTV when I'm too tired to read. That's about it.
Here are some of my recent favs:

College student cares for woman with Lou Gehrig's - not a sappy story. (Fiction)

Everything you never really wanted to know about cadavers - Fascinating stuff (NonFiction)

Mystery/ghost story - takes woman back to her childhood on a hippie commune in Vermont

I had high hopes for this and it was a compelling read... for a while. Fell apart in the 2nd half. Flat (Fiction)

I enjoyed the details in this story of a woman who kind of ran away from home to spend a year in Italy, India & Indonesia (Memoir)

"Z" (no one cares to learn to pronounce her unfamiliar Chinese name) goes to London to attend college, meets an older guy who's a drifter & loses her naivety (Fiction)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have bookmarked several of these...making a trip the library later today.

Thanks!