Friday, March 21, 2008

End of an era

When we met Analise, she had a little hankie pinned to her shirt. When she was tired, she would grab the hankie, hold it next to her cheek,stick her thumb in her mouth, and fall asleep. Once home, she used pillow cases. Some pillow cases were just pillow cases but other specific ones were "softies." Ever since then, she has needed a "softie" to fall asleep. Last night Ana gathered all her softies (she has 7), brought them to me and told me "I don't need softies anymore. I'm just going to cuddle with my stuffed animals now." Here's her collection. Do you think I should enshrine them or just throw them back into the linen closet?!!

On Tuesday nights Frances and Ana go to violin lessons and Lewis & Elly stay home. They asked if they could watch tv on my bed while I was gone and I said it was ok. When we came home we found them like this!

These 2 can barely be in the same room without squabbling so this was quite a sight to see! I woke them up for dinner. Elly just popped up and went to eat. Lewis WEPT, didn't eat a bite for dinner, and I had to climb up to the top bunk to lay down with him while he fell asleep, which I have NEVER done!! He was a wreck.

6 comments:

Maia said...

It's got to be bittersweet to watch those phases of childhood pass!

btw I, too, have wanted that Quan Yin statue for two years now...but the Lion was the first priority, so I'll just have to wait. I do have a few smaller Buddhas around as it is. My grandfather was an early follower and collected Buddha statues. He was pretty cool.

Mamacita said...

Man they're sweet while they're sleeping! I love that! I wonder when Sugarlips will give up sucking her thumb? Bye-bye, Softies!

Cavatica said...

Awe, the fighters sleep together. Love the softies. She's growing up!

Suz said...

SAVE THE SOFTIES! Well, at least one. Always be on the lookout for items you can use later to blackmail unruly teenagers.
Love from the always alert Aunt Suzie

"M2" said...

save the softies......you never know when the need will arise.

Is Lewis ok??

Barbara said...

Oh yes, SA, Lewis was fine! He was just overtired and would have been better off just sleeping instead of getting up for dinner!