Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crouching Little Dragons, Hidden Tigers

On Friday we went to the Little Dragons' graduation ceremony. They performed a kata, showed off some punching and kicking, and received their new belts. The senseis gave a self defense demonstration that thrilled the kids, except for Elly who thought they were really attacking and beating the crap out of each other.
Here they are, all lined up for their moment of meditation. It is SO hard for Lewis to keep his eyes closed during meditation - his face is always scrunched up!


The karate kids with their new orange belts!

3 comments:

Suz said...

VERY COOL! Congratulations!
Love, Aunt Suzie

Juliette said...

Mommy might be so proud!
Shout out to the new orange belts holders!!!

crazylady said...

those belts can hide an arsenal of weapons.. I wish I could hide my url site in there...when'ga' get the live feed surveillance in the sidebar? I get all self conscious when I shoplift here.

Happy belated birthdays all round.
I'm surging my thigh with insulin right after I hit publish.