Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tzuhsi is back

I guess I should have put this sign up a couple of weeks ago. It's winter in Western NY. About the only thing we do is stare at screens and go bowling. I was talking to Aunt Suzie last week and she said, "Just put up some dang bowling pictures, the inauguration is so JANUARY." Yes Suzie, poetic license taken.


I was hard at work on Friday, when the Lawyer called me. I was doing something important........ like updating my card catalog...... or something like that. She wanted to report a request, from a LURKER, that I get busy with an update. This one's for you, MB. I know the dogs are much more fascinating than my bowling scores. Awwwwwwww, aren't they darling?

Here's the crazy one, with evidence of her most loved sport - dragging my yarn around the house. Isn't she precious?


In November, I kinda, sorta FORCED Frances to sign up for an audition to play violin in the all-county orchestra. She worked her buns off for 3 months, focusing solely on one piece, Meditation. Her school orchestra teacher encouraged her to try out at a level 4 but her private teacher poo-pooed that and insisted she do a level 5 (the highest level, even for high school is 6). Frances played beautifully and did well on her scales and sight reading. She scored a 90/100 but didn't make the cut - bummer. The day after her audition, she played the piece again, for her recital. Here are all the chicks at the recital. Lewis and Elizabeth were RIDICULOUS - yapping and giggling.


Elizabeth ended up falling asleep, which made Lewis giggle evn harder.


Yesterday we got a winter reprieve so I had to drag the children away from their various screens and take them to the zoo. It was 52 degrees people! We were partying like it was 1999. with one exception. Frances had her complaints on a loop - "I'm cold." "I'm hungry." "This is boring."


Dear Readers, that's all the news for now. I will be a more diligent blogger friend, even if I have to post more bowling pictures and l*o*n*g drawn out analyses of Nip/Tuck, Lost & Big Love.

5 comments:

Suz said...

Well FINALLY! It makes me nervous when you don't blog.
Aunt Suzie

PS. If you are looking for some great TV, how about "RuPaul's Drag Race," on VH1. Can you guess what it's about? I've also been enjoying "Tool Academy" lately, also on VH1. There's a whole strange, and very scary world out there.

"M2" said...

I really want to hear about what YOU say
Nip Tuck wise.

Anonymous said...

The Lurker (aka MB) says Thank you for the update and yes, the dogs are better than bowling scores!!!

Mamacita said...

The dogs are cute. The kids are breathtakingly cute!

crazylady said...

90/100???
Not good enough?
I mean, even for a type A such as myself, that should have cut any mustard!

I can hear meditation in my mind... oh, make that crickets...

I've been nipped and tucked away as of late. Missing you.
Does this bowling ball make my butt look big?