Sunday, November 11, 2007

11/11/01

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life
- Savage Garden
The first moment I met my darling Analise. I burst into tears. It was the only time I cried when I met one of my children.

An hour later we were in our hotel room. Analise grabbed Frances' face and Frances started to cry, out of stress more than anything else. After that it was true love between them. Frances told me "Baby Ana isn't our baby Mama, she's MINE."

Analise was 18 months old but only 14 lbs - tiny and malnourished. She came to us, never grieved, and never looked back.

I ADORE this girl and celebrate one of the happiest days of my life!

6 comments:

Yoli said...

This is such a sweet post. I am crying with so much emotion.

Suz said...

I remember seeing her before the babies were brought in. She had escaped from her "handlers," and walked (probably holding on to something) into the doorway to see what was going on. I kept looking at her - she was SO CUTE - but so tiny - I didn't think it could possibly be Analise. Later, when we were walking down the hall, back to the bus, she was crying a little, and I said my first Chinese sentences - "Hello, I am elder Aunt Suzie." and then, "She is mama." And Analise understood! A triumph of my bad Chinese!! This was still my favorite trip to China, although Inner Mongolia was pretty good, too!

"M2" said...

I'm a bit teary too

Steffie B. said...

beautiful.....our journey is such a great one isn't it? ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you left out the "Xiao Xiao" part - it's my favorite!
Marie

insanemommy said...

I love your "backward" bush countdown! Lol... That is great.