Friday, August 24, 2007

Slip and slide into a new school year

In the midst of our HOT summer, our central ac died. The next day I read in the newspaper about temperatures in Baghdad being 112 for days and the people having no access to clean drinking water. I have not been able to call the heating & cooling people - I feel like a greedy American pig. Well, it's 91 HUMID degrees today and we're melting! Call the repair guy? Nah, I just got out the slip and slide! The kids were playing in it for hours!



Earlier this week, we went school supply shopping. I had Frances create a master list from the FOUR lists that were sent home. Then it was off to Target. My kids are only 5,5,7,9 and look at all this *stuff*!!

I had to work 2 days this week at my library, getting ready for the new year. It was bliss! I sat in my quiet space with no one asking for something to eat, no cleaning up messes, no pulling children off one another. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments: