Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Adventures at Seabreeze

On Sunday we went to our local amusement park, Seabreeze. Let me give you a visual of the setting. Imagine a place where it's ok for obese people to wear bikinis, thongs, daisy dukes, and go shirtless if the mood strikes......... got it? Welcome to Seabreeze. Now if you don't know me, please don't think I'm dissing the chunky people of the world - I'm one of them! I just don't think rolls of flab and stretch marks should be on parade.
I thought the children might like to go on a ride that wasn't just for kiddies. The bobsleds looked innocent enough. Frances, Elizabeth, Analise and I went together - it went so fast and the track was so steep that I thought Ana was going to fly right out of her seat. Elly had her head down the entire time and Frances reached back to hold her hand!! Momentous - they usually only snarl at one another. Here is Ana after the bobsled.

Fortunately she recuperated quickly and went on to a more sedate ride with cousin Big Al.

Lewis loved all the rides - he got off the bobsled screaming "AWESOME!!"

Frances still loves the kiddie rides best - she may be 9 but she can still fit her little self on all of them!

Last August when we went to Seabreeze, Elly had only been home for a few weeks. She was so overwhelmed (probably by all the white people exposing their rolls of fat) , she practically cried the whole time. She's a different girl this year - she was running around, wanting to try everything.

Lewis was so happy to find that Big Al had forgotten his big bug eye goggles. He loves them! Big Al, if you're reading this, you now know where to find your goggles!

2 comments:

Suz said...

Poor Analise looks like she has Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome! Do I get to come on all these adventures when I move to Rochester?

Steffie B. said...

yes....much better smiles after the first pic.....I would have probably ralphed a big one! lol