Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Graduates

Last night the karate kids had a graduation. Elly and Lewie got their greenbelts and Ana got a new stripe on her red belt.

The Little Dragons went first. They lined up in their old belts.......


Then they showed off (?) their freestyle moves.........




Then they got their new belts.......


The Juniors went next ........


Ana didn't know that she had to do a kata with the other level ones but she did a great job......


The Grand Master Flash stole the show. After some of the Juniors cracked boards with their feet, the Big Sensei Boss attempted to crack eight concrete blocks with his hand. When he failed to crack them, Lewie yelled out "I KNEW HE COULDN'T DO IT!"


He decided to try it with an elbow strike and voila!


We went out for a celebratory ice cream afterwards and the kids wanted to know how the Sensei did it. I was trying to explain how you focus all of your energy into one point and they looked at me like I was slow and didn't understand the question. Ummmm, it was magic? That satisfied them.

3 comments:

Mamacita said...

I love the picture where your son is poking out his belly with his new GREEN belt! Cool!

Suz said...

Cool stuff. Reminds me of the good ol' days with Hidy Ochiai's karate exercise class. Hai-YUH!

Cavatica said...

Your kids are the coolest. I'm with Mamacita, I love the pic of your son showing off that green belt. Awesome!