Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another summer bites the dust ..............

First off, how would anyone ever know that they actually have the swine flu??? I have some sort of flu and the thought of getting in a car to go to the dr makes me want to go get in my bed. I started to feel punky on Sat and woke up in the night with 103.7 fever. Today I am able to sit up for 20 minutes without falling down. I walked Frances and Lewie & Elly out to get the bus in front of our house and was sweating .......... like a SWINE...... coincidence?
On to the reason for the season. The kids' first day of school!
Elly, with a great sense of purpose, marched over to the couch in the living room, picked up one of her library books and sat down to read it. "DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I'M READING A BOOK ABOUT WHALES MOM?" "Uhhhh, sure Elly." "BECAUSE IT'S TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK." "great, you go, you big ole 2nd grader."


I got up to go to the bathroom at 6:00. I saw the familiar glow of the computer monitor. "Lewie, what time did you get up?" "Ummmmmm, I think it was 5:96"


And here's Frances, a nervous wreck about her 1st day of middle school. "What am I supposed to bring to homeroom? How am I supposed to know where I'm going? How am I supposed to go to my locker if I need something from my next class?" She made my fevered brain spin even faster.


By the time Ana's bus came at 8:30, I was passed out on the couch and had to say goodbye from there. She didn't care. She is so excited for school and was ready to leave at 6:30 this morning.
Frances will be home in 10 minutes - can't wait to hear all about the big day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope they had fun. I love the attitude in the last pic. Priceless.

Suz said...

I can't wait either! I'm calling you.