Sunday, July 26, 2009

Photos by Frances

The other afternoon I was looking out the front window at the kids playing in the yard.
Were my eyes deceiving me? Was Elly riding a 2 wheeler???
YES she was!
I ran out yelling congratulations to her. I was so excited and she was too!
The Lawyer said that Lewie and Ana were just about ready to ride alone as well. I was surprised. They never wanted to ride when I suggested it - they always opted for their scooters. I told them I would come out after dinner and help them learn to ride.
They beat me to it! All three of them started riding their bikes on the same afternoon!
Now there is no stopping them! They ride for HOURS every day, coming in the house red-faced and sweating! There are lots of scrapes and bruises but nothing is stopping the now!

The proud new riders!



I love the suspicious look that Elly is giving Frances!


Check out the level of concentration on Ana's face!


Frances had to get a new bike. She chose this little beauty!

4 comments:

Suz said...

I hope you let them ride somewhere other than just on that little sidewalk in front of your house! Can they at least go around the block? I used to ride all over town, usually ending up at the library where I piled books into my oversized front basket. Life was good.

Snowflowers Mum said...

sweet ride! We have a preference for scooters over here too...must be the 'thing' this year...last years croc craze turned into a scooter craze.

"M2" said...

little off topic
I am in LOVE with the color of your house.
Plan on doing my front door that color asap.

Frances W said...

I luv my bike. My pics rock!!! I personally thin MY pics r ttly better than OTHER ppls pics... jk, lol