Thursday, April 23, 2009

Over the Border

Yup, they let us into Canada, without much fanfare. Seems that Crazylady has a restraining order against me, but I assured the officers that we were staying in Niagara Falls. They believed me..........suckers.
Destination: The Great* Wolf* Lodge
I only took a few pictures because it's a water park and who wants to cart around a camera?
For most of our time there, Frances HATED the "lazy river," because it was "tooooo splassssshy." [said in whiny tweeny voice] She stood on the sidelines, taking pictures. Then she tried it ........ and just like lays potato chips, couldn't do it just once. Could an ingredient be that a boy who was floating behind me said [in a squeaky tweeny voice] "Is that your daughter?" Me: "Yeah" [in a whatsittoyou voice] Boy: "She's cuuuuuute!" He only struggled for a moment as I held his little pinhead under the water.
The Cuteness herself.


Ana was tall enough to go on the BIG slides with Lew and me. I didn't think that she was going to like it but she is a convert!


The first thing Elizabeth said to me this morning was "Can we go to GWL today?" "Ummmmmm, NO."


I could not float on the lazy River by myself for more than 30 seconds without Ana or Lewie jumping on with me. At least they covered up my fat gut.

Speaking of fat guts, one can see all sorts of "stuff" at the GWL that is usually hidden by clothing. Perhaps my favorite sighting was the woman with a garter tattoo on her thigh. "Tucked" into the garter was a pistol. Charming.

Lewie was by far the most adventuresome of the group - he wanted to go on everything. We were almost to the front of the l*o*n*g line for a big slide when there was a ......... are you ready for this?............ fire drill! We had to climb down the stairs and stand around until it was over. Bizarre.


Crazylady is safe for now. I have to hand over the kids' certificates of citizenship so they can get passports. Come June 1, we can't get into Canada without one and you know how we LOVE us some Canada, eh?

2 comments:

Juliette said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Next time you come visit, pick up Sen on the way and come over to the capital.

Suz said...

Are we still going to the Dragon boat races? Maybe Crazylady will meet us there!