Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow Day!

For the last few weeks I have been performing a little dance for my children while singing a little ditty, which goes like this, "I don't have school on Monday and Tuesday before Christmas and you-hoo dooooo, HAHAHAHAHAHA." They L*O*V*E it............. or hate it, whichever. Add to the goodness that I had a snow day last Friday while they did not, and the justice is just too much. So I actually was happy when their school day was cancelled on Monday due to blizzard conditions. Who wants their kid riding a bus in a blizzard? I'm not supposed to............right?
Just to make things extra fun, the Lawyer's snow blower (The Snow King, all hail the King, please) DIED. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? She should get her butt out there and shovel before going to court? Right? Can I get an amen? But no. She thinks that I should get MY delicate butt outside and do the dirty deed. That's the kind of justice this Lawyer dishes out.
I had to force my sweet little chicks into their woolens and make them go out in the freezing cold. I submit exhibit A to prove what a rotten time they had.........

Our lawn is totally flat. Due to the *god only knows how much* snow we got, the children were able to sled and snowboard. Here's Lewie on his maiden voyage.


The bushes behind Frances are about 4 feet tall. Look how she towers over them. Yup, we got a little snow.


Elly was laughing hysterically the whole time. Let's hope the neighbors weren't trying to sleep in.


HEY - I just shoveled that snow! Stop putting it back in the driveway.


Nah, way too small.


OK, so maybe they had a *little* fun.


The Lawyer is a girl of many talents. This is her "squirrel cafe" that she built for the nasty little rodents.


After playing outside and doing some Christmas shopping, we made some cookies. I saw these on a website and thought it would be fun to give them a try........


But alas, they turned out like this.......... We think they look a little like devils. They taste great and that's what's important.....right?? No, we didn't add minced clams, you silly thing.


Tonight, my baby boy is sleeping away from the bosom of his family for the very first time. He'll be at my brother's house, with his cousin-brother, Big Al. Yes, I did grow up on the edge of Appalachia.
Stayed tuned for more Festivus........

1 comment:

crazylady said...

the can of minced clams, adds that 'je ne sais quois' quality to cookies....yummmmmy

I'll pass thanks ;)