Sunday, November 9, 2008

November Shenanigans

This week, a certain Grandmama hit a significant decade birthday. We partied like it was 1999.
As luck would have it, the very next day was Analise's 1/2 birthday. We had leftover Grandma cake ready to wish her a Happy 8 1/2!

Just yesterday, ALMOST all of my siblings got together to close down our cottage........ Aunt Suzie finds this to be one of the times when she is thankful to live too far away to partake in the "C" word................uh huh, cleaning.
EVEN the old man joined us and insisted on mowing the lawn, even though he is the same age as the above birthday girl......hint, it rhymes with "matey" Shhhhhhhhhhhh
I had to bribe the kids to help with raking. Lewis said "Will you give me $15?" "Ummm, no, how about 15 cents?" "YES! HURRAY!"

Look at that skinny ass! Anne has been denying herself the wonder and beauty of carbohydrates and has lost 18 lbs since August.

And look at these manly men! They were in charge of putting boards up over the screened porch. There was not a scream or a whine heard.

It's Sunday, 1:30 and I am still in my pajamas, as are all the kids! I don't think anything is going to change but at least they are in their rooms, supposedly cleaning. Time for a surprise inspection!

4 comments:

Suz said...

What an amazing coincidence it was that Aunt Suzie had to teach a special Saturday class the exact three Saturdays open for Seneca camp cleaning! It's even more amazing to note that in 27 years of teaching, Aunt Suzie has NEVER before taught a Saturday class . . . but it's TRUE! I really did have to teach this past Saturday!!!!

crazylady said...

Okay, that's enough detail for me to googleworld you....
You never looked so close.
And flip the bill for more than one candle for Analise, will ya? Tightwad.

Please send those reinforcement troops to us for next years cottage closing. I will double 0.15 wage. Plus give him chopped up chocolate bunny from last Easter.
And kindly forward me your email if you dare. I have some choice words for you ;0) all nice ones....

Yoli said...

Well happy birthday to your grandma! They look great and I so envy your pajama world. Sounds dreamy.

crazylady said...

still waiting:

searchanddestroytwins@gmail.com