Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Who's up for adventure?


I am reading this book with the third graders at my school. It's about a boy who gets smooshed by a falling bulletin board which leaves him flattened - get it? Flat Stanley. A perk to his new condition is that he can go visit people via the mail. His parents put him in an envelope and drop him in a mailbox. The third graders are going to be making paper Flat Stanleys and we would like to send them on some adventures. BUT, a lot of the kids I work with have never been outside of our city and don't have anyone to whom to send their Stanleys. That's where you come in!! If you would like to host a Stanley, send me your address. All you have to do is send the kids a postcard from your city OR take a picture of Stanley with you/your kids and send it to me via email or snailmail. That's it! I am pretty sure you could receive a girl scout badge for your participation. The kids here would be absolutely thrilled. Thanks!

3 comments:

Suz said...

You KNOW I would love to host Flat Stanley!

Anonymous said...

Sounds cool, we'll start looking for postcards
Lee

Valeri said...

I will do Flat Stanley. Here is my name and address:

Valeri Korber
109 North Walnut St.
Davidsville, PA 15928