Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fun in high gear

Another fun week filled with adventures - I'm so glad I have kids who are willing to play with me. Cousin Big Al spent the week with us.

One day I suggested that we go to a local park (Ellison) to go snake hunting. I have only seen ONE snake there in the 20 years I've been going so I didn't really expect to find one. The kids were excited/scared. We saw THREE snakes!

Lewis is back to wearing his goggles when we go out. Yes people, he's 5 and going to kindergarten - what of it??!

Another day we went to a working farm that's run by a nonprofit and open to the public. It's free and I thought I was getting away with a cheap outing. Seems they have added a few features since last we visited - $3 pony carriage rides (x5) and $1 petting area (x5) - do the math.

On Friday we went to a spraypark/playground at Seneca Lake. Big fun once again. Frances is a monkeybar maniac. She swings back and forth until her hands hurt too much to go on!

We were only in the sprayground for about 2 minutes when whistles blew and someone yelled into the bullhorn - "everyone out, we have an emergency." Turns out the emergency was a baby spit up and it hit the water! It smelled like there was enough chlorine to kill the bubonic plague but they shut down for 1/2 hour. We had a snack and then resumed the merriment.

I don't think I need to explain this one.

Elly kept squealing that she didn't want to get wet and then sticking her head in the water.

Ana looking like her usual cute self.

No comments: