Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ten years

Ten years ago today, I became a mother. I was scared and excited and Frances was terrified. All the nannies and babies were in a hotel room, waiting for Frances to stop screaming. When there was a lull, everyone in our group was called down to receive the babies. I met Frances in a hotel hallway in Nanning!


Aunt Suzie and Frances on a train to Guilin.


Frances wanted to be held all the time and liked/disliked Lisa and I equally!


When we got a little smile or laugh, it was such a treat.


We celebrate every adoption day with a cake and a song. Frances didn't want a lot of reminiscing and that's ok.


She didn't say no to the cake!


June 7, 1999 was the most amazing day of my life!

4 comments:

Suz said...

It WAS an amazing day! Overwhelming. Remember the little squeaky shoes? I am so proud to have been able to "go adopting" with you!
Love, Aunt Suzie

PS- How come the photos are in B&W - for nostalgia effect?

Mamacita said...

Wonderful girl! Great pictures. Ten years will be upon us too, in no time!

NO one says no to ice cream cake!

Juliette said...

Since that day I became a Mom I am finally me...
Happy 10 years together!

Anonymous said...

Time goes soooo fast doesn't it?