Thursday, January 15, 2009

Precious Moments



Last week Lewis performed a forbidden "trade" on the bus. The driver gets peeved when the kids play with toys on the bus and doesn't allow trading Pokemon cards. In Lewis' trade, he scored a little Pokemon stuffed animal,called Pikachu, for a mere one card. I sent Lewis to school the next day to do a trade-back but the other kid wouldn't budge. So Lewis has yet another little buddy, which he adores. Pikachu has its own language that, coincidentally, Lewis is able to translate. A few
days ago, Lewis told me that the following day was Pika's birthday. I *just so happened* to be at the grocery store so I got a birthday cookie cake for the occasion. I asked Lewis how old Pika is and he said whatever age candle I had would be Pika's age. We sang, we ate, we had precious moments! Happy Birthday Dear Pika!
The Lawyer, who is a suspicious character by nature, actually accused me of staging a birthday party as blog fodder! She badgered me and badgered me to assign a percentage of how much was fodder and how much was just my sweet nature. I pleaded the 5th. Let's hope I live a long and healthy life, dear readers, because the Lawyer would be such a NASTY single mother to my precious little children.

5 comments:

Juliette said...

Happy Birthday Pika!
Thanks for the smile.

Suz said...

I don't know. The birthday party for a toy that doesn't even have a known age or date of birth IS a bit suspicious.

Cavatica said...

5% fodder or 5% sweet nature? Staging an event for the blog? I never!

crazylady said...

well I figured this family had to worship some little evil troll..
even if it's a voyeuristic one.

My vote is blog staging. Me and the lawyer have it all figured out.

Maia said...

I love that...it's so funny. I call QQ "Pikachu". It's her main nickname right now, but it didn't start because of the character. It started because she loves to play "Peek-a-boo" an so we started calling her "peek-a-choo"...and, well, you can see where this is going. My husband's afraid it will come off as an Asian stereotype, so he tries not to say it, but I just can't worry about it right now. She'll have another nickname in like a month.