Monday, March 17, 2008

Road Trip!

Over the weekend, we went to see the old man, aka Dad. He turned 80 last week and we went to bestow gifts and go out to dinner. For the kids, any opportunity to go to a hotel, with a pool especially, is BIG fun. We swam, ate dinner at a dive (per the old man's request) and enjoyed the "suite life" at the hotel.
The pool water was nice and warm and we loved it!

The kids think they would like to live in the hotel and swim every day. The only downside is that the dogs couldn't live with us.

On the way home, we went to the Corning Museum of Glass, which I hadn't visited in probably 30 years! The kids were running around, looking at all the art, exclaiming "wow, it's all made of glass!" We also went to a glassblowing demonstration which was awesome.
Lewis really liked the birds hanging upside down. "They think they are bats!"

Ana loved the daggers looming over the houses. "If that was real, it would scare me." Me too, babycakes!

I asked all the kids, "what does this remind you of?"
Lewis: "A monster with lots of hands."
Elizabeth: "Seaweed"
Analise: "A tree with leaves"
Frances: "Medusa"

It made me think of Medusa too!

3 comments:

Suz said...

I'm with Elizabeth on the Seaweed art. I'm impressed that Frances knows about Medusa though!
Love, Aunt Suzie
PS. SOME hotels actually do allow dogs!

The Franz Family said...

what hotel you stay, may I ask? I have a family of 6 too and I am always looking for suites.
BTW - was Elizabeth from Hohhot? How old was she when you adopted her?...I am going to show Jenny her picture to see if they know each other. My Jenny is 6 and she is from Hohhot.
Thanks.
Sue
Mom to
Toby (16, bio)
Josh (15, bio)
Anna (7, adopted from Huainan, Hefei)
Jenny (6, adopted from Hohhot, Inner Mongolia)
www.franzthecrazybunch.blogspot.com
www.crazybunch.net

Maia said...

When I was a kid, I also wanted to live in hotels. I did end up living in a hotel in NYC for some time. Then I ended up living my life on the road...ie lots of hotels. I loved it. I thought I might never recover and come to love a house of my own. But I did. It just took me 40-some years!